We’re fortunate enough to be presenting at this year’s Remix in Sydney 11th June. We’re making an appearance in the Designer Track this year and will be showing off the new Messenger Toolkit bits. The abstract for our talk is:
<3 the New Windows Live Messenger Web Toolkit for Social Websites
See how to add IM to a site with the Windows Live Messenger Library and UI Controls, and how to build new relationships around content with Messenger social capabilities. Also hear how top sites and marketers are using the social connections of Windows Live users to grow and build brand loyalty.
What we intend to to cover is:
- Put a little piece together to show off the latest features of the platform itself such as custom emotions on avatars, multi-point presence, xbox integration, photo sharing etc.
- What is messenger, why would you want to use messenger on your site?
- Show current examples
- Show the new controls and how they fit together
- Top Australian sites mix up, thought provoking ideas of how some of the top sites in Australia could use messenger.
- Call to action, get started today, links + resources.
There are some great sessions including Silverlight 3, Expression 3 Sketchflow, Blend 3, Virtual Earth Silverlight Control, Surface development just to name a few. Register HERE and secure your Early Bird Ticket for $199!
Don’t forget to enter the IE8 competition: build a Web Slice, Accelerator or Visual Search Provider and you could win an XBOX. Full details HERE.