This week I caught up with Laura Diaz from NAVTEQ to chat about how Bing Maps developers can win their share of US 10 million dollars in the global LBS Challenge. This is the first year that web based applications can be submitted and with Microsoft’s Bing Maps use of NAVTEQ data the ideal platform to build your entry is clear.
Your browser does not support iframes, download the MP3 directly below.
You can download the mp3 here.
“First launched in 2003, the NAVTEQ Global LBS Challenge is focused on driving the development and visibility of innovative location-based solutions (LBS) for wireless devices. The Global LBS Challenge has become the premier event in the wireless industry and a global symbol of LBS innovation and opportunity. From business applications to sports, travel and security, integrating the accuracy and richness of NAVTEQ digital map data facilitates the discovery of the next wave of LBS using dynamic positioning technology.”
- $10,000,000 in prizes consists of cash and data licenses.
- Real opportunity to meet some of the top companies in this field.
- Competition is broken into regions, must register soon, North America closes 20th November!
- Web applications can simple be submitted as a working URL
- Mobile applications making it to the next round will get a sponsored device if they choose that device in their entry.
- Open to non-commercial applications
- With the release of the new Bing Maps Silverlight control will we see some very cool entries?
For more information visit the competition homepage there is a great PDF to step you through the entire registration process here:
Laura can be contacted on her email address: laura.diaz at navteq.com
Please follow me on twitter for all the latest Bing Maps Developer news: http://twitter.com/bingmapsdev