I was excited to see the official Microsoft Kinect SDK released today! If you haven’t checked it out yet I recommend heading to the official site and giving it a go.
After I downloaded all the bits and did all the installs without issues I was keen to check out the skeletal tracking samples and that’s where I hit my first roadblock. I had two errors consistently across any projects needing to track my movements:
1. “Could not load file or assembly ‘INuiInstanceHelper.dll’ or one of it’s dependencies. The specified module could not be found.”
2. “The invocation of the constructor on type “xxxx” that matches the specified binding constraints threw and exception.’ Line number ‘2’ and line position ‘9’.”
Seems I wasn’t the only one when I checked the forums.
I checked that I had the dlls, that there were in my gac i.e
C:\Windows\system32>gacutil /l INuiInstanceHelper
Microsoft (R) .NET Global Assembly Cache Utility. Version 4.0.30319.1
Copyright (c) Microsoft Corporation. All rights reserved.
The Global Assembly Cache contains the following assemblies:
INuiInstanceHelper, Version=18.104.22.168, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=31bf3856
Number of items = 1
I’d done all the other usual things, like reboot, open/close visual studio, make sure I could see Kinect in device manager etc. So how did I fix it?
1. I uninstalled the INuiInstanceHelper from the GAC using gacutil /u
2. then rebooted (to make sure)
3. reinstalled to gac with gacutil /i
And it’s all happy now. That fixed both of the issue above. Hope this helps someone else.