Now that we have Wireless Broadband, and in our hotel room doing some work, reading emails etc. we’re not very patient at waiting our turn at the internet (well at least i’m not) so we set up Internet Connection Sharing in Vista using an adhoc network. It took about a minute to set up and works really well … the first time you use it.
After connection to each others machines once, we’ve had enormous trouble connecting again…we only get local access which is useless when you want to surf 🙂 Seems to be some issue when you disconnect from the adhoc network that turns off internet connection sharing.
The way we’ve found to work around it for the moment is:
- Delete previous adhoc networks
- Disconnect from the internet
- Disable Internet Connection Sharing on the usb wireless card
- connect to the wireless internet network
- Ensure you have internet access
- Create a new adhoc network – enabling internet connection sharing
There’s gotta be an easier way to do this and we’ll blog it here if we find a better way to do this..but for now it lets us both use internet at once