Wow! What a year 2008 has been. We had a meeting to reflect on the year and it’s not till you start to write it down that you realise how much happened in 12 Months. We did quite a bit of travelling (all for work) this year including Seattle, Montreal, New Zealand and every capital city bar Darwin. We were fortunate to meet and get to know a bunch of really smart, passionate and just generally amazing people this year.
After such an amazing year I’m feeling a bit drained so my main goal is to take some time off. I’ve got a trip to Egypt planned for March that should help us recharge.
Here’s a summary of our year:
- Museums and the Web – Montreal
- Remix Australia – Sydney & Melbourne
- Tech Ed – New Zealand
- 9 usergroups around Australia
- Technology Takes You Anywhere
- Bar Camp – Brisbane
- Virtual Earth Day – Brisbane
- guest speaker at QUT, Technology One and Digicon
- Bronwen awarded MVP for Live Services Platform
- John renewed as MVP for Live Services Platform
- Bronwen and John pass Virtual Earth MCP exam
- Microsoft Certified Partner
- Prints and Printmaking site wins Best of the Web award in Research category
- MVP Summit
- Heroes Happen Launch – Brisbane
- Code Camp – New Zealand
- Innovation Day – Brisbane
- Artists in Residence – Melbourne
- Codeplex – Deep Earth
- A number of articles on Liveside, CoDe Focus, SQL Server Performance, Soul Solutions sites.
- Virtual Earth maps of MVP Summit attendees and Live Butterflies
- Demos Heroes Happen Competition
- DevSta Preliminary Judge
Women In IT
- Presented at Girl Geek Dinners – Montreal and New Zealand
- Started Girl Geek Dinners – Brisbane
- Geek Girl Blogs – just shy of 150 bloggers. Catherine started her podcasting series.
We’ve got a trip it the US and a Brisbane MSDN presentation planned for the first quarter of 2009.